Directory >> Sports >>
Basketball >> College Basketball
College Basketball news
Newsfeed display by CaRP
- What's wrong with Duke's defense?
The Blue Devils' defensive issues were glaring in their loss at Boston College. They're still scoring at a torrid pace, but why do they have such problems stopping 3-pointers and controlling the paint?
- The most exciting players in college basketball
The argument about the best player in college basketball will go on all season. But it's already clear which players are the most exciting. We go through the list, starting, of course, with Deandre Ayton and Collin Sexton.
- Ball brothers agree to deal with Lithuanian club
LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball have signed professional basketball deals with Lithuanian club Prienu Vytautas, the team's coach/GM Virginijus Seskus and Ball family agent Harrison Gaines told ESPN's Jeff Goodman.
- Expelled Yale captain enrolls at Belmont
Former Yale basketball captain Jack Montague, who was expelled in 2016 for sexual misconduct, has enrolled at Belmont University in Tennessee. He is still suing to be readmitted to Yale.
- Villanova atop AP poll after tumultuous week
Villanova is the new No. 1 in the AP Top 25, hopping over Michigan State, while Arizona State made a big leap after a tumultuous week in which half of the top 10 lost.
- Trump named 'most influential' in sports for '17
President Donald Trump has been named the most powerful person in sports by SportsBusiness Journal in its annual 50 Most Influential List.
- Badgers' King (knee) to miss rest of season
Wisconsin freshman guard Kobe King needs knee surgery and will miss the rest of the season.
- Wisconsin guards Trice, King out indefinitely
Wisconsin guards D'Mitrik Trice and Kobe King are out indefinitely with injuries, depleting the backcourt on a team already struggling to score.
- USC coach Enfield defends suspended Melton
As an investigation into the eligibility of suspended USC player De'Anthony Melton continues, Trojans head coach Andy Enfield said the sophomore guard "did nothing wrong."
- When each of the remaining unbeaten teams will lose
There are seven unbeaten teams left in college basketball. Some are unblemished because they are playing well, others because they haven't played anybody. So when will each lose? Some could be 24 hours from now. For others, it could be awhile.
- College hoops Power Rankings: Arizona State's unlikely rise to No. 1
Wait, hear us out. The easy move, after Duke's loss, was to jump Villanova or Michigan State to the top spot. But if you look at the entire body of work, raising Arizona State all the way to No. 1 isn't so crazy.
- Alabama freshman Collin Sexton is a force to be reckoned with
Collin Sexton is the closest thing college basketball has to Russell Westbrook. In high school, he brought Dwyane Wade out of his seat. He almost led Alabama to a win playing 3-on-5. What else does he have in store?
- Trae Young's star turn and other surprises in this freshman class
We expected Trae Young to be good at Oklahoma, but leading the country in scoring? He is the biggest freshman surprise so far this season, but who else has exceeded expectations and who so far hasn't lived up to the billing?
- NBA draft rankings: New top-10, more top-100 movement
Who are the best prospects in the 2018 NBA draft? You can find our updated top 100 rankings here throughout the season.
- New top 10 in NBA draft rankings
Is star Slovenian guard Luka Doncic still the favorite to be the No. 1 pick? Which college players are on the rise after one month of play? We break down the big movers in our new top 100 rankings.